The Brookside Civic Association Drone Use Guidelines
The Brookside Civic Association (BCA) offers these guidelines regarding the use of drones during any BCA sponsored event. This is to ensure that the experience can be safe and enjoyable for everyone. In order to avoid complications, it would be helpful to notify the BCA in advance of the event of your intent to utilize a drone. You can contact us here.
We also suggest these common drone usage guidelines:
Since Brookside Estates is within a five-mile radius of Don Scott (OSU) Airport, if you plan to fly your drone above the tree line, you should notify the Airport Manager at the KOSU Air Traffic Control Tower at 614-326-0130.
- Drones should remain clear of surrounding obstacles such as buildings.
- Keep the drone within your visual line of sight at all times.
- Do not fly over or within 25 feet of people, pets or vulnerable property.
- Be sure to let participants know if you are recording stills or video with your drone.
- Please check and follow all local laws and ordinances before flying over private property.
The BCA would appreciate a polite pre-notification if a drone will be flown at a BCA sponsored event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!